,hl=en,siteUrl='http://0ldfox.blogspot.com/',authuser=0,security_token="v_SeT2Tv8vVdKRCcG9CCW-ZdIfQ:1429878696275"/> Old Fox KM Journal

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Law Librarian Legacy


QUESTION: I was wondering how you first became interested in politics and what inspired you?

DOLE: Well, I was inspired by a law librarian, Beth Bowers (ph), who just recently passed away, she's in Colorado. She was a Democrat. I was in law school and she picked out about three or four of us and said you ought to get in politics. Younger people ought to get in politics. We didn't know anything about politics. Four of us ran. Two of us were elected to the state legislature, three of us were elected. And that's sort of how I became involved in politics way, way back there but, again, I've always, none of us are perfect in politics. We all make mistakes. We vote wrong sometimes. We'd like to go back, maybe, and change a vote or two, probably more than that in my case.

---------

"So, I would say to my colleagues - I remember way back when I ran for the Kansas Legislature, we had a Democratic law librarian who thought young people ought to get involved in politics. So, she found two Republicans and two Democrats, and talked us into running for the state legislature."

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/election/june96/dole_goodbye_6-11.html

No comments: