,hl=en,siteUrl='http://0ldfox.blogspot.com/',authuser=0,security_token="v_SeT2Tv8vVdKRCcG9CCW-ZdIfQ:1429878696275"/> Old Fox KM Journal

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Kylie Minogue has hardly slept in her Los Angeles home

link
Saturday, October 20, 2012 (Los Angeles)

Kylie Minogue once bought a house in Los Angeles, but only ever slept in it twice. 

The singer worried her career was over in 1999 so decided to move to California. However, it didn't last long as she was approached by British record label Parlophone to release 'Spinning Around' - which became her first UK top ten hit in six years. 

She said: "It was so quiet for me that I though, 'Maybe that's it?' So I bought a house in Los Angeles, because it was this weird middle ground - it wasn't Australia, It wasn't England, and it was fun, like a grown up's playground. 
"So I bought this house and I must have stayed there twice and then I signed with Parlophone. Then, well ... Boom Parlophone and 'Spinning Around', let's just say I sold the house!" 
The 2000 single may have given Kylie's career a huge boost, but it was her next track, 'Can't Get You Out of My Head' in 2001 which put her back on the top of the pop world.
She added in an interview with UK station BBC Radio 2: "'Spinning Around' was a golden moment. It was the Millennium, it was back in the most shiny, exuberant way. Then with Can't Get You Out of My Head on the next album, the sound, the video, this time it wasn't golden, it was ice cool, sharp and futuristic, and it took it to a new place, and with the reach of that song to another level."

No comments: