,hl=en,siteUrl='http://0ldfox.blogspot.com/',authuser=0,security_token="v_SeT2Tv8vVdKRCcG9CCW-ZdIfQ:1429878696275"/> Old Fox KM Journal

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

GOOG


Last Net Change % Change Open Prev Close High Low Bid Ask Volume
277.27 11.27 4.24% 269.56 266.00 278.40 269.37 277.14 277.30 21,803,200

SchaeffersResearch.com - Daily Stock Market Sentiment & Contrarian Thinking: "Schaeffer's Daily Contrarian

Schaeffer's Daily Contrarian

"When everyone thinks alike, everyone is likely to be wrong."
~ Humphrey Neill, The Art of Contrary Thinking

The above quote has been reiterated numerous times in our publications because of its ability to succinctly capture the essence of contrarian thinking. While simple in theory, the task of capturing the prevailing sentiment can be as elusive as defining the boundaries of a cloud. The closer you get to it, the harder it is to see.(More)

Posted
5/31/2005 3:38 PM
Everybody's Talking 'Bout Google
CNN/Money
"Bowling for Google"
Published: 5/25/2005

Brief Summary:
The article looks at the prospects of Google (GOOG: sentiment, chart, options) hitting $300 a share and the stock's potential inclusion in the S&P 500. The usual items are included: valuation, price-to-earnings ratio (current and forward), and comparisons with Yahoo!.

Contrarian Takeaway:

There is no denying that GOOG has been on fire since going public last August. However, what was once a "wall of worry" constructed with analyst opinion and the negative media take is now positively skewed. The current analyst ratings show 16 "buy" ratings, four "hold" ratings, and zero "sell" ratings. The equity's short-interest ratio is a paltry 0.80, meaning that the number of shares sold short could be covered in less than one day of typical volume.

The speculation that GOOG will be added to the S&P 500 Index has fueled the most recent rally, and that decision will probably come about sooner rather than later, but that may be the final crescendo for the stock. The buying pressure that would occur with news that the stock was being added to the SPX could be the last big volume spike, given that a short-covering rally isn't going to occur. I am thinking that an announcement with this news might present the perfect shorting opportunity.

Rick Pendergraft (rpendergraft@sir-inc.com)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to visit again! Please feel free to visit my blog too at http://rushprnews.iuplog.com, RushPRnews Daily Gazette.
My site is ** RushPRnews press release services, distribution and free web posting** . Cordially, Anne Laszlo-Howard

Anonymous said...

So you need a loan one stop uk

Get a loan one stop uk at Easy Loans UK

All the best to you! said...

I was looking around and I just found your very nice blog, Old Fox!
Please accept my sincere appreciation for your good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
home equity line hawaii
It pretty much covers home equity line hawaii related stuff.
Best regards!

All the best to you! said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you, Old Fox, a note telling you how impressed I was with
the information you have posted here.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
how does a home equity line of credit work
It covers how does a home equity line of credit work related contents.
I send you warm regards and wish you continued success.

All the best to you! said...

I was looking around and I just found your very nice blog, Old Fox!
Please accept my sincere appreciation for your good work!
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
Bad Credit Home Equity Loans
It pretty much covers Bad Credit Home Equity Loans related stuff.
Best regards!

All the best to you! said...

Hey Old Fox, you have a great blog here! I have a web
site & blog about how does a home equity line of credit work.
Yours is top-notch!
If you have a moment, please visit my site
how does a home equity line of credit work
I wish you all the best!

All the best to you! said...

I just came across your blog and wanted to
drop you a note telling you, Old Fox, how impressed I was with it.
I give you my best wishes for your future endeavors.
If you have a moment, please visit my site:
credit equity home info line
It covers credit equity home info line related contents.
All the best!

Car Loans Home said...

Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering auto calculator car loan
related stuff. Feel free to visit my auto calculator car loan
site.

Anonymous said...

» International Trial Of Novel Breast Cancer Drug
14/12/06 07:03 from Breast cancer blog from medicineworld.org
-------------------------------------------------------------
A clinical trial of a new targeted breast cancer drug, led by
physicians at Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) Cancer
Center, has begun enrolling patients. The TEACH (Tykerb
Evaluation After CHemotherapy) trial will investigate ...


For useful content on breast cancer awareness prevention tips, breast cancer rate statistics and gift giving for breast cancer: check
the url is http://breast-cancer1.com