,hl=en,siteUrl='http://0ldfox.blogspot.com/',authuser=0,security_token="v_SeT2Tv8vVdKRCcG9CCW-ZdIfQ:1429878696275"/> Old Fox KM Journal : New American Standard Version disowned

Tuesday, December 03, 2013

New American Standard Version disowned

I must under God renounce every attachment to the New American Standard Version.  I'm afraid I'm in trouble with the Lord... We laid the groundwork; I wrote the format; I helped interview some of the translators; I sat with the translator; I wrote the preface...  I'm in trouble; I can't refute these arguments; its [sic] wrong, terribly wrong; its [sic] frighteningly wrong; and what am I going to do about it.
When questions began to reach me at first I was quite offended...  I used to laugh with others...  However, in attempting to answer, I began to sense that something was not right about the New American Standard Version.  I can no longer ignore these criticisms I am hearing and I can't refute them...  The deletions are absolutely frightening... there are so many...  Are we so naive that we do not suspect Satanic deception in all of this?
Upon investigation, I wrote my very dear friend, Mr. Lockman, explaining that I was forced to renounce all attachment to the NASV  The product is grievous to my heart and helps to complicate matters in these already troublous times...  I don't want anything to do with it.  
[T]he finest leaders that we have today... haven't gone into it [the new version's use of a corrupted Greek text], just as I hadn't gone into it... that's how easily one can be deceived... I'm going to talk to him [Dr. George Sweeting, president of Moody Bible Institute] about these things. 
[Y]ou can say the Authorized Version [KJV] is absolutely correct.  How correct?  100% correct!  I believe the Spirit of God led the translators of the Authorized Version.  If you must stand against everyone else, stand...
Dr. Frank Losdon, Co-founder NASB, quoted in G.A. Riplinger, New Age Bible Versions, 1993.

No comments: